* Stay alert and tuned into your surrounding, whether on the street, in an office building, at the shopping mall, while driving or waiting for bus.
* Send a message that you’re calm, confident and know where you’re going.
* Be realistic about your limitations. Avoid places or situations that put you at risk.
* Know the neighborhood where you live and work. Always be familiar with the location of your local police, fire stations, public telephone, hospitals, restaurants or store that are open and accessible.
* Avoid establishing predictable activity patterns. Most of us have daily routines, but never changing routines can increase